Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:59 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Corvin turns to Father Bretwald, rubbing his chin as he deliberates.

“Well Father I suppose this could well be a test of our character and intentions. Perhaps to assess our worthiness to continue further through the tomb to the ultimate reward.” Corvin muses.

I suppose if I were a King seeking to test the worth of someone what would I do. The gold clasp? Hmmm no that may indicate an avaricious spirit. The silver sceptre? Symbol of royal authority. No - that may indicate an ambitious and unworthy uspurper. The jars? I don’t know. Who can say what they might contain? Perhaps wine or spirits? If so that might be a test against one who lacks a certain sobriety? The parchment? Surely a seeker of knowledge would be a worthy hero? But no. With your leave Father my best guess is that the crucifix should be the greatest prize here. For surely a pious, true and God-fearing champion would please a king best? What do you think Father?”

Corvin’s hand hovers above the chest, seeking guidance from Bretwald.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:37 pm 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Knight
Sten muses over the chest listening to Corvin
"I feel like we are over complicating things but I am a simple man to me it looks like a chest full of stuff let's take it and slay what ever is beyond this door".
Sten turns and starts heading towards the east door.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:56 am 
6th Rank
6th Rank

Profession: Barbarian
Corvin nods at Sten’s home spun wisdom and gingerly leans in, snatches up the crucifix and whips his hand out of the chest, shrinking back in case of some eldritch curse lends the chest lid teeth!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:24 am 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Profession: Hunter
Keeping one eye on the chest situation, Max continues his patrol, making eye contact with Lucky to make sure the little fella is still okay.

He’ll intentionally finish his patrol by the north wall so that he can investigate the small passageway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:56 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

A push comes from the chest. Phantasmal, it knocks you back, Master Corvin landing right upon his tail feathers.

The lid of the chest drops down with a solid thunk. Of the key, there now appears to be no sign.

Bretwald pulls Corvin up. "I'll say ye made the right choice there, Master Corvin. That appears to be most holy. Look at the workings upon it. I'd say that is not merely a crucifix, but a reliquary. Most like for the ashes of some man of True Faith."

The passage to the north awaits, as does the exit to the east. Its dark, that passage..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:21 pm 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Seeing the affair by the chest draw to a conclusion, Max warily enters the northern passageway. Fully alert, his crossbow is ready for action should it be required.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:53 am 
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Laila moves up next to Max, " Dead men and ensorcelled chests.....I wonder what is next?"

co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:43 pm 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Maintaining his situational awareness, Max replies, ‘in this place, anything’s possible I reckon.’

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:39 pm 
9th Rank
9th Rank

Indeed, anything can happen..

Max and Laila discover that the narrow passage goes north a short distance and ends in a pit. Looking down, they see only stygian darkness which their light does nothing to dispel.
Iron rungs set in the wall of the pit form a ladder of sorts.

Going down?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:27 pm 
5th Rank
5th Rank

Peering down into the gloom, Max feels, despite some unease, a sense of curiosity.

It certainly isn’t a cess pit. The dank, rather than putrid odour was testament to that. Giving voice to his thoughts he says, ‘Something must be down there. Maybe another way out that will let us avoid the other skeletons as well as the living statue. ‘I’ll take a look.’

Lowering himself down, Max, Mayes eye contact with Laila, ‘cover me?’

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next