Dragon Warriors

A discussion forum for the Dragon Warriors RPG and related works
It is currently Wed May 18, 2022 4:10 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 248
Profession: Barbarian
Joshua wrote:
As we walk Sten muses over the options they have before starting to talk aloud to anyone who wants to listen.
"Corvin must return home to see his ailing mother, but perhaps we can head to Igham to get Egg home then travel towards the little village of Pillaton. Further down the river there should be a crossing and a trail that leads through Jewelspider wood to Montombres fief, we could accompany Corvin if he would like us to" ?

“A grand plan Sir Sten! I would be most grateful for such stalwart companions to join me!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:19 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 767
Profession: Knight
The merry troupe begin to retrace their steps through Fenring Forest, anxious to leave its bounds and the Tomb of Vallandr far behind.

They make good progress at first -- the sun overhead compensates for not having the elflord's thread to follow.

At first. But as they move on, the canopy of shade from the trees deepens, and it seems as if the trees themselves crowd together. It darkens, despite this being daylight.

From the distance comes a single howl.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:43 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 226
Profession: Knight
Sten continues to walk on looking for signs of trouble


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:45 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2062
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Laila looked at the others, " Stay close together. Wolves are unlikely to attack such a large group but stragglers might be in danger."

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:46 am 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 767
Profession: Knight
The wind rises as the day becomes more overcast. The trees start to shake and rain pours down.

Another howl comes -- this time from the opposite direction.

Bretwald visibly pales and pushes forward, drawing his cloak around him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:15 am 
Offline
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am
Posts: 2062
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Profession: Hunter
Laila stays close to Bretwald....though whether to protect him or so he's handy to push out as a distraction is anyones guess.

_________________
co-author Fury of the Deep
co-author Friends or Foes
co-author Dragon Warriors Players Guide
co-author Cold Fury
co-author Cadaver Draconis
co-author Ordo Draconis 1 and 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:03 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 767
Profession: Knight
Bretwald nods at Laila's act of camaraderie and pushes on, hunched against the increasing wind and rain.

Poor Lucky finds himself almost pushed over, such are the elements pressing against him.

And the rain pours down even thicker. A crack of lightning crosses the sky, visible through the tree canopy and you hear the thick boom of thunder.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:17 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:12 am
Posts: 226
Profession: Knight
As they walk Sten keeps his eyes peeled for some natural protection from the elements where they might be able to wait out the storm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:11 am 
Offline
6th Rank
6th Rank

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Posts: 248
Profession: Barbarian
Corvin curses and mutters against the weather and draws his hood down over his face.

“I’m told there are weather-working magicians in Erewon and Glissom that can control the weather and the faerie folk have that power too. Perhaps this is their petty vengeance for our trespassing? But I suppose that’s the trouble with tomb raiding and treasure hunting - it’s never just down the lane and around the corner is it?!”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:52 pm 
Offline
9th Rank
9th Rank

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:47 pm
Posts: 767
Profession: Knight
The weather grows ever more inhospitable and the party press on, Sten all the way looking for a shelter.

Howls come from directions all around, first one way, then another, as lightning lashes the sky and thunder booms.

A howl comes from nearby all as a sheet of lightning illuminates all around you. Inexplicably the rain stops. One more sheet of lightning lets you see past the gloom that surrounds you.

What surrounds you is a pack of wolves, their eyes afire, and circling you, well this might well be the group of elves that Bretwald warned you about. They raise their bows and notch arrows.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group